Many potential homebuyers believe they need a 20% down payment and a 780 FICO® score to qualify to buy a home. This stops many people from even trying to jump into homeownership! Here are some facts to help take the fear out of the process:
- 71% of buyers who purchased homes have put down less than 20%.
- 78.1% of loan applications were approved last month.
- In September, the average credit score for approved loans was 737.
- The National Association of REALTORS® surveyed their members for the release of their Confidence Index.
- The REALTORS® Confidence Index is a key indicator of housing market strength based on a monthly survey sent to over 50,000 real estate practitioners. Practitioners are asked about their expectations for home sales, prices, and market conditions.
- Homes across the country are selling quickly, in an average of just 31 days.
- 49% of homes sold in less than a month.
- Learning the lingo of homebuying is an important part of feeling successful when buying a home.
- From APR to P&I, you need to know the acronyms that will come up along the way, and what they mean when you hear them.
- Your local professionals are here to help you feel confident and informed from start to finish…and this infographic will help you as you go.